Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This is all new.

I've never blogged before. I'm not sure if I am doing it right...I've never even really followed any blogs. I've never really even journaled - I'm interested to see if I keep up with this as I rarely follow through on anything. A major personality flaw I am desperate to change.

6:15 this morning, Dad has his lungs and pancreas scanned. 6:15 tomorrow morning will be his head scan. I should be on the road to Rochester by then. Should be about a 3 hour drive. My dad's little sister Pat will be there and I am glad. It's nice to have as much family around as possible. For some reason it helps you to know things will be ok.

Every year my mom's side of the family all travels to northern Minnesota to a place called Cedarwild. We've been going up there for almost 30 years now. My dad has a passion for fishing and the fishing doesn't get much better than at Moose Lake. Dad bought a new motor for his boat this year and has been excited about using it. Above all else, I hope he is able to use it this year. There aren't many things he loves more than fishing...especially fishing up there. Having so much family around will be great too - we have so much fun together. My cousin, JoEllen and her husband Lee won't be joining us for the first time in years as they have some big life changes coming up and Jo just got a new job. I am sad that we won't see them, but understand.

I'd like to take a moment to praise my two very best friends in the world. Heather, I have known since infancy - we grew up together and have never lost touch. She has been amazing with calling me and texting me several time a week to let me know she is praying for my family and to check on me. She has 3 very little boys and still manages to go that extra mile. I totally appreciate that I didn't have to tell her what was going on - she found out through her parents and didn't take any offense that she didn't hear it from me. She's got so much going on in her life, but has been there as much as anyone could be - even spending the night here last Thursday.

I haven't really told any of my friends - I've told Dad's friends, but not mine...I'm not sure why...they've found out though and MOST have taken the time to send me a note on Facebook. I haven't always been the best friend - I'm kind of distant - but it means so much to hear from them - they far exceed me as good people. I will learn from them an be a better friend from here on out. My other friend Jacy - I met in college. I love all of my friends so much I need to do a better job of showing it.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog via a common interest, yes, your blogging right. Blogs are all about what YOU want to make it about, from what I have read, sounds like blogging is a release to help get things out of your head a little bit.

    Thoughts and prayers to you, your family, and especially your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! This certainly has been a life changing experience. I appreciate the prayers.

    ReplyDelete